Professor Thomas Stocker is widely considered a leading international expert in climate and environmental physics.
Among his achievements is having led pioneering work in climate science to prove scientifically that ongoing global warming is real.
- 2006: Dr. Honoris Causa, University of Versailles
- 2009: Awarded Hans Oeschger Medal of the European Geosciences Union
- 2012: Dr. Honoris Causa, ETH Zürich
- 2016: Elected Fellow of the American Geophysical Union
- 2017: Swiss Science Prize Marcel Benoist
- Foreign Member of the Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei
- Foreign Honorary Member of the American Association of Arts and Sciences